Saturday, September 15, 2007

teaching is gonna make me broke!

My wonderful mother handed me 5 or 6 linen smocks- floor length. they are wonderful because they are dressy enough and yet, i can wear them without nylons which i loath with a passion.
But what footwear and such should I use? no problem... knee highs and oxfords( penny loafers?)
but my usual socks are the anklets...
Darn! gotta go shopping!

I went to the outlet store and bought every shade of dressy trouser socks that I could find, and on the other side of the aisle...( pause for dramatic effect)

Pashmina shawls $10 each one gold, one pink
cashmere poncho/ shawls $12 each one rust, one white/chocolate argyle


on a brighter note, I have a slim chance at a five bedroom, 2 bath house for rent of $475! Can you believe it? The old man landlord's son owns the house and needs to go to California permanently. He wants a good tenant in it and he knows we need the space! Whoo-hoo!

Strange day!

2 comments:

Lady Visine said...

What the heck are you doing online, when you could be moving to the new house??? I soooo hope you guys get the landlord's home to rent. What a terrific price, too! Be sure to keep me posted on your new addy. :D

Did they have any purple *not lavender, but violet* Pashimas at the outlet store? Send me an email with a pic of the smocks your mom got you. Sounds like you'll really be needing the extra closet space in the new house. LOL!

love ya! <3

etainne said...

oh geez! I hope that the place has closets, you know we have two here. closets... what a lovely word...
ok, i'm back,
no, no lavender or purple, but that may just be an out of stock temporarily thing.
you know I hardly ever go shopping since I find it abhorrent but I will call and ask them in a few days if they got more of them for you. How do you feel about grass green brocade?